Our target populations
- Low income persons (women, men, visible minorities, single parent families, recent immigrants, etc.), employed or otherwise, who are not able to access traditional sources of credit such as banks
- Community organizations or social economy enterprises
Conditions of eligibility for a business project
- The entrepreneur must be a low-income person.*
- The business must be registered on Montreal Island.
- The entrepreneur must have permanent status in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or accepted refugee).
- The business or organization must not, in any way, promote violence or degrading sexuality.
- The business must not be a franchise (ex. Tim Hortons, Sushi Shop, etc.).
If you think you are eligible, or want to learn more, visit the “Loans conditions” section for more details.
Please note: Income eligibility will be assessed based on family revenue. Other conditions apply for non-profit organizations (NPO).